VMware Workstation 7.1
New version of VMware workstation has been released, Now we have version 7.1
My laboratory base on VMware Workstation product running on SUSE Linux. Very good solution and for me, as I’m VCP4 certified, completely free because if you are certified you receiving VMware Workstation license which you can use for free.
- Support for 8 virtual processors (or 8 virtual cores) and 2 TB virtual disks.
- Support for OpenGL 2.1 for Windows Vista and Windows 7 guests.
- Greatly improved DirectX 9.0 graphics performance for Windows Vista and Windows 7 guests. Up to 2x faster than Workstation 7.
- Launch virtualized applications directly from the Windows 7 taskbar to create a seamless experience between applications in your virtual machines and the desktop.
- Optimized performance for Intel’s Core i3, i5, i7 processor family for faster virtual machine encryption and decryption.
- Support for more Host and Guest Operating Systems, including: Hosts: Windows 2008 R2, Ubuntu 10.04, RHEL 5.4, and more Guests: Fedora 12, Ubuntu 10.04, RHEL 5.4, SEL 11 SP1, and more.
- Now includes built in Automatic Updates feature to check, download, and install VMware Workstation updates.
Ability to import and export Open Virtualization Format (OVF 1.0) packaged virtual machines and upload directly to VMware vSphere, the industry’s best platform for building cloud infrastructures.