VMware workstation 8 installation procedure on Linux Ubuntu
How to install VMware workstation 8 under Linux Ubuntu or other Linux distribution ? Well, it’s straight forward.
- Download VMware workstation from VMware site
- Add execution rights for all users to installation bundle: chmod +x <path to installation package>
- Verify if installation bundle has execute bit set, type ll from command line and if you see x letter means it’s OK
- Open console and run sudo ./in my example sudo ./VMware-Workstation-Full-8.0.1-528992.x86_64.bundle and follow installation GUI wizard.
- After few minutes shortcuts to VMware Workstation and VMware Player are visible in system menu
[box type=”warning”] Note, that VMware Workstation it’s not a free product, only VMware player it’s free.[/box]
[box type=”info”] How to install VMware Workstation 9 on Linux [/box]