How to change a SID in Windows 2008 R2
If you are building a homelab called LAB in a BOX and using VMware workstation as a virtualization software be aware that after a CLONE operation of Windows VM you must change a SID of new server.
How to do it? Quick guide below.
- Log in to Windows VM from Start Menu –> Run –> type sysprep
- From an explorer window run a sysprep application
- If you want to change SID make sure you choose Enter System Out-of_box Experience and box next to Generalize option is marked. From shutdown option choose reboot
- Within next few minutes VM will get reboot
- After reboot and you will be prompted to specify regional settings, accept EULA and click Next. Sysprep will complete customization.
- Hardware specification in my home LAB
- Remote access to LAB
- Tested hardware for ESXi5 and ESXi4 whitebox
- How to install VMware Workstation 8 on Linux
- How to install VMware Workstation 9 on Linux
- Change SID on Windows 2008 R2 Box