Unitrends Enterprise Backup NFR Edition
Earlier this year, Unitrends announced a new software-only product called Unitrends Enterprise Backup (UEB) that protects virtual and physical environments both locally and in the cloud. UEB is available as a virtual appliance integrated with both VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V, and offers all the advantages of their physical backup appliance solutions, but with the flexibility of a software-only deployment.
What’s cool about it?
- Unitrends ability to protect virtual environment as well as physical servers (differentiator from competitors like Veeam and Altaro)
- Unitrends Instant Recovery for VMware guests
- They leverage Storage vMotion and boot the VM directly from our backup
- Unitrends ability to archive data to tertiary storage for long-term retention
- With VMware version of our Unitrends Enterprise Backup, you can archive to SAN or NAS storage as well as to tape and USB disks.
- Unitrends offers physical appliances in addition to the virtual appliance UEB software for the IT admin who wants a separate appliance and storage for backups.
- Unitrends is able to protect truly heterogeneous environments
- 40+ operating systems with agents
- Virtual and physical servers
- File-level, block-level and appliance-level protection is included
- They can protect RDM’s when our competitors cannot because of our ability to install an agent
- Unitrends offers a fully functional FREEMIUM product which enables users to protect up to 4 VM’s for free forever.
Unitrends Enterprise Backup comes in a few flavors:
- FREE: http://www.unitrends.com/
- Up to 4 VM’s protected for FREE forever
- TRIAL: http://www.unitrends.com/
- Fully functional 30-day version – no limits; Can revert down to FREE after 30 days
- NFR: http://www.unitrends.com/
unitrends-enterprise-backup/ nfr-versiono 1-year license for VMware and MSFT certified professionals
- Includes license for protecting
- 2 sockets
- 2 application-enabled servers
- Renewable for free after 1 year with current certification credentials