Basic admin tasks using Web Client – Assign permissions
As I’m discovering vSphere Web client functionality I decided to write blog posts with step by step manuals. maybe someone find it useful and for myself as a documentation.
Assign user rights to object in vCenter inventory.
- Log in using to vSphere Web Client https://,IP ADDRESS OF WEB Client:9443/vsphere-client/
- Got to vCenter –> From inventory list choose object which you would like to add permissions into (in my example it would be vCenter server.
- Click on vCenter server name –> Manage –> Permissions
- Add permission – from a drop down choose local database or central catalog such as Active Directory or OpenLDAP
- Define permission level for user