Public Beta VMware vCenter Multi-Hypervisor Manager
Finally VMware realized that ESXi is not the only one bear metal hypervisor on the Earth and couple days ago VMware informed about public BETA test for upcoming VMware vCenter Multi-Hypervisor Manager 1.1 – sign up for it !! In a MHM 1.1 version Hyper-V on Windows 2012 is supported that’s why is worth to look at it. Wondering if VMware has in plans extend support for KVM, would be nice.
- Migration of virtual machines from Hyper-V to ESX or ESXi hosts.
- Support for the latest Microsoft Hyper-V3 hypervisor (as well as the earlier versions).
- Increased scalability with regards to the number of supported third-party hosts to 50 (from 20 in MHM 1.0).
- Ability to provide custom certificates for the MHM server from the installer wizard.
- Multiple objects selection in the UI and a number of other usability improvements.
- Plus a number of server and client-side bug fixes.
HAPPY TESTING ALL 🙂
[button link=”http://communities.vmware.com/community/vmtn/server/vcenter/multi-hypervisor-manager”] Read more about MHM and how-to sign-up for BETS test[/button]