Nested ESXi 5.5
For a past week I’ve seen many time question about nested ESXi 5.5 on ESXi 5.1 so I decided to blog about. Basically you have to follow the same steps like on nested esxi 5.1 on esxi 5.1 as a host platform
[box type=”info”] Note: perform below steps using VMware vSphere Web client[/box]
- Create new virtual machine
- for OS baseline choose Other –> Other 64 bit – you will have to change it later on
- On hardware customize page expand CPU and mark Expose Hardware Virtualization to the guest OS. Keep in mind minimum HW requirements for ESXi 5.5 :
- 2 CPU
- 4 GB RAM
- 1GB HDD
- Proceed to complete virtual machine creation.
- Start standard vSphere client to edit nested ESXi 5.5 hardware and change guest operating system version to other –> VMware ESXi 5.x
If you don’t want to create VM yourself you can download ovf file and import it. Remember to import ovf using VMware vSpher eWeb client.
[box type=”download”] OVA empty virtual machine for nested ESXi 5.X on ESXi 5.1[/box]
If you don’t know how to build a homelab or wondering what hardware is supported clik on below link to my series of articles.
[box type=”info”] How to build a homelab in a box for vSphere 4.x and 5.x – Part 1