vSphere 5.5 U1 released with vSAN 1.0 support
Yesterday VMware released Update 1 for vSphere 5.5, usually it wouldn’t be nothing special but this time along with update VMware released vSAN 1.0. Read more here about vSAN 1.0
vCenter server 5.5 U1
- vCenter Server is now supported on Windows Server 2012 R2
- vCloud® Hybrid Service™ vSphere® Client Plug-in, is now available in vSphere Web Client.
- vCenter server 5.5 U1 – release notes
vSphere ESXi 5.5 U1
- VMware Virtual SAN – Virtual SAN 5.5 is a new hypervisor-converged storage tier that extends the vSphere Hypervisor to pool server-side magnetic disks (HDDs) and solid-state drives (SSDs). By clustering server-side HDDs and SSDs, Virtual SAN creates a distributed shared datastore designed and optimized for virtual environments. Virtual SAN is a standalone product that is sold separate from vSphere and requires its own license key
- ESXi 5.5 U1 – release notes
vSphere replication 5.5 U1
- VMware Virtual SAN is a fully supported feature of vSphere 5.5u1. You can use Virtual SAN in production environments with vSphere Replication 5.5.1 and vSphere 5.5u1.
- Configure vSphere Replication on virtual machines that reside on VMware vSphere Flash Read Cache storage. vSphere Flash Read Cache is disabled on virtual machines after recovery.
- vSphere replication 5.5 U1 – release notes
vCenter Orchestrator 5.5 U1
- Workflow tagging
- Plug-ins improvements
- Version control system support
- Dynamic Types (Beta)
- vCenter Orchestrator 5.5 U1 – release notes