Install Windows XP SP 2 on Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor
Install Windows XP SP2 on Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor – one can ask why would you do that ? Well, there are many reasons why would you still keep you Windows XP desktops in Production, even though Windows XP is not supported by Microsoft. One of the most “popular” is legacy application which is either not supported on newer OS version or upgrade costs “millions $” and takes ages to migrate.
Below is a quick guide how to Install Windows XP SP2 on Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor.
- Nutanix Operating System – 126.96.36.199 or newer
- Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor in version 20161109 or newer
- Fedora VirtIO drivers in version 0.1.102 or newer
- Deploy new VM on Acropolis and install Windows XP SP2 from ISO image.
NOTE: make sure OS drive in configured to use IDE controller
Once Windows XP is up and running on AHV we can install missing drivers such as network driver and
- Mount VirtIO drivers ISO from Fedora to VM and update drivers for devices which are show with yellow triangle – See below video for more information