Mount Nutanix Acropolis container on ESXi server
Nutanix Acropolis OS supports several storage protocols like NFS, SMB3, iSCSI due to broad hypervisor support (Nutanix AHV, VMware vSphere, Citrix XenServer, Microsoft Hyper-V 2012R2). For migration purposes you can mount Acropolis container onto external system.
As an example, below is a quick guide on how to mount Nutanix Acropolis container on ESXi server.
NOTE: Mounting Nutanix Acropolis container to external system is supported only for migration purposes. It is not supported for PRODUCTION use.
- Add IP address of ESXi host to Nutanix container white-list in format XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX/YYY.YYY.YYY.YYY – where X is for IP address and Y is for subnet (use 32 bit subnet)
- Log in to Prism and navigate to Storage –> Container –> Mark “migration container” and click Update –>Advance settings –> scroll down to Whitelist -section
- In vSphere client, click on ESXi host and add new NFS storage
- In Server – provide CVM IP address
- in Folder – /<AHV container name>
NOTE: it is case sensitive
- In datastore name – datastore name visible in vSphere inventory
- That’s it. Now you should see new datastore in ESXi.