Nutanix AOS 188.8.131.52 and NCC 184.108.40.206 released
Nutanix released new version of AOS, numbers as 220.127.116.11, below you can find few most important updates, full list can be found on Nutanix portal under AOS 18.104.22.168 release notes.
NCC release notes can be found here
AOS New Features
- Nested VM.
- Nutanix now provides limited support for nested virtualization, specifically nested AHV VMs in an AHV cluster as of AOS 22.214.171.124 with AHV-20170830.58. Enabling nested virtualization will disable live migration and high availability features for the nested VM. You must power off nested VMs during maintenance events that require live migration.
AOS Updated Features
- Consistency Group Update
- The maximum number of entities (VMs, volume groups) supported in a consistency group is increased to 20 as of AOS 5.5. A consistency group is a subset of the entities in a protection domain. A consistency group typically should not exceed more than 20 entities.
What’s New for Checks in NCC 126.96.36.199
- Updated Checks
- For check_license_compliance, new alert IDs A1085 and 14004 have been added for license capacity (the cluster is licensed adequately for use) and is related to the Nutanix Coins feature. Cluster capacity is calculated from physical cores and HDD/SSD storage amount in the cluster.
- a_status_check has been updated to correctly check for valid configurations containing NVMe and SSD drives.
- The BIOS checking function of bmc_bios_version_check is temporarily disabled in this release for Nutanix G6 platforms (X11 motherboards).
- dimm_interop_check has been further updated to check for unsupported DIMM configurations for NX Series G6 platforms.
The following issues are resolved or improved in NCC 188.8.131.52.
- After upgrading a Prism Central-managed cluster to AOS 5.5, an Alert Manager alert was seen in the Prism Central web console (Critical : Alert Manager data from cluster XX is not up-to-date).